How each hotel is scored and ranked
- Each hotel is marked and scored by one of our expert hotel inspectors during their stay. They work to a strict set of scoring rules and guidelines during each hotel visit so that each hotel no matter how big or small are judged exactly the same.
- We don’t require the hotel to have to market and promote entry to our awards to all its guests and enter into a long drawn out process but we prefer to judge and score on a single pure guest experience as we feel that this is what most guests will experience during an average stay.
- Our hotel inspector will spend great time and detail in order to inspect and experience all each hotel has to offer its guests. Notes, comments and recommendations will be recorded and available to each hotel on a confidential basis as part of our service and awards inspection.
- We experience, record, review and score all aspects of a guests stay from Check-in, room facilities, service, décor & atmosphere, hotel facilities such as dining, gym, pool, room service, business facilities, Spa and many more.
- Once an overall score is then calculated for your hotel and or spa this will then rank your hotel against other hotels in your category and region as well as count towards our overall Hotel of the Year Top 100 Hotel ranking list.
- Awards winning scores will be displayed on our website in order of merit so that the public can view, reference and select hotels based on these scores when organising future travel.
- Winning hotels will be notified 8weeks in advance of the awards ceremony that they have won an award (actual award not disclosed until the awards ceremony) and can book a package to attend the awards gala ceremony.